Friday, June 19, 2009

My carrom ball is productive - Ajantha Mendis | interview


Sri Lankan mystery spinner Ajantha Mendis in an exclusive interview , reveals his secret weapons.

Q: How do you enjoy the tag of a mystery bowler?

AM: Let it remain like that. I really do enjoy that.

Q: What is your experience bowling in English conditions?

AM: So far so good. I am happy that the team is doing well and I have a small role behind the team's success in this tournament.

Q: How is your carrom ball?

AM: It's productive and this kind of delivery has won many a wicket even in this tournament.

Q: Would you accept that the Nottingham wicket has helped you to become a successful bowler?

AM: I cannot deny that the wicket in Trent Bridge has really helped me. But one has to bowl in the right area to purchase wickets. In my book that is very, very essential.

Q: You have been brought on to bowl in this tournament during pressure situations. How did you manage that?

AM: The style of the T20 game is such that every cricketer will have to be ready to do anything so that I always back myself to accept the challenges. I always keep one thing in mind that if anyone can follow his basics, he will definitely reach somewhere. In order to bowl in the early part of the innings, I have practiced with the new ball that has really helped me.

Q: Which is your most memorable bowling spell in the international cricket?

AM: I got six wickets against India at Karachi in the STAR Cricket Asia Cup and that was really a very satisfying moment. People know that the Indians can play spin bowling the best. Even then I got six wickets against them and paved the way for my Sri Lankan team to win the trophy.

Q: Lot of people are of the opinion that batsmen all over the world will get accustomed with your bowling and you might not get the same amount of success.

AM: That is also a kind of a challenge. I am ready to face it. I have some more tricks under my sleeves. I will face the challenge when it comes in front of me.

Source : ESPNStar

No comments: